You would never want to get involved in a traffic mishap, but when something happens, you need to be cautious enough and make sure your rights are protected. The truth is car accidents are reported almost every day in Los Angeles, and unfortunately, not a lot of people get justice for mishaps that happened due to a driver’s fault. California is a fault state. If you can prove that the accident was a result of the other party’s negligent action, you can recover compensation. The question here is whether you should seek legal advice or file a claim on your own. In this post, we are discussing the benefits of hiring a Los Angeles car accident lawyer immediately.
- Get genuine advice on your legal options. You are required to file a report if a car crash resulted in the injury or death of a person. Also, you will typically file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Can you file a car accident lawsuit in court? These may seem confusing aspects, and an accident lawyer can ensure that you are aware of your rights and options.
- Understand the dos and don’ts. There are a few things that you should and shouldn’t do after a car accident. For instance, the insurance company will want to settle your claim in a hurry for a low amount, and your accident lawyer can advise you against giving a statement. The lawyer will suggest ways you can protect the evidence.
- Gather evidence immediately. If you don’t work instantly after an on-road accident, you may lose valuable information and evidence. Once you have hired an accident lawyer, they will swing into action and gather everything that would support your claim. As a client, you just need to provide the information that the attorney needs.
- Protect your interests. If you had a role in causing the mishap, you could still recover a settlement, as California has some beneficial laws. It is a pure comparative fault state, and therefore, even when your fault share is over 50%, you may have a chance. An accident lawyer can ensure that your interests are protected.
- Fight the battle in court. When you need to file a lawsuit to recover a fair settlement, your accident lawyer is your most significant resource. They can ensure that the case is presented and argued well, and you can rely on them for the paperwork too.
Call an accident lawyer in LA now!