Trucking accidents are one of the least frequent motor vehicle accidents but are perhaps the most catastrophic of them all. This is because of the size of the vehicles and the damage that it causes to other smaller cars, roads, and even pedestrians. If you have been the victim of a truck crash accident, we would like to take a moment to say that we deeply sympathize with the pain and suffering that you are inevitably feeling right now.
To those who fortunately have not been suffered through such peril, we simply cannot sugarcoat the seriousness of this type of accident. The truth is that trucking accidents just like any other MVA’s bring with them an immeasurable amount of emotional, physical, and financial anguish. To some, all of those three issues don’t even matter if they have lost a loved one because of their accident.
As a victim, you must understand that there are two types of realities within this motor vehicle accident. The first one being that despite your pain and suffering, you will inevitably have to deal with the financial ramifications of this personal injury accident. The latter is the idea that by dealing with them you will undoubtedly have to seek the help of a professional that can mitigate not only the financial aspects of your damages but the legal ones as well.
In these tough moments we wish to serve as a voice of reason for you and that is why we must advise that you will have to seek the expertise of a truck crash lawyer in South Florida. These types of injury attorneys have the professional skills that will allow you to prove that you were a victim of a truck driver, that your damages are because of the accident, and ultimately attain the compensation that you’re entitled to.
You must understand that above all, your health is the most important thing to take care of. However, healthcare in our nation is not free and if you do not have the financial means or proper insurance, you will become a prisoner of the medical bureaucratic system. To avoid this, you will need to gather a substantial set of compensation that can cover your medical bills and loss of income due to your injuries.
So, without further ado, we invite you to join us throughout this article as we shall discuss the legal nature of trucking accidents, what to do at the accident scene, and how a motor vehicle accident attorney in Florida can help you deal with one. Let’s get down to business!
Legal Meaning Behind Trucking Accident in South Florida
The facts behind trucking accidents are in the physical science of the accident. What we mean by this, is that a person who is driving a small car and gets impacted by an incoming truck or freighter will inevitably sustain catastrophic damage because of the difference in size between both vehicles. Having said that, it is more than obvious that the person’s injuries from the car will endure far more serious injuries than the truck driver.
Factors of difference in vehicle size, negligent driving style, and proven fault contribute to the legal standards of trucking accidents. Now, if you and your legal representative prove that the driver violated trucking company guidelines at the time of the accident, you will definitely maximize your chances of receiving compensation for your damages.
To do so, your accident attorney will have the ability to reference Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations. Each state varies, but your trucking accident attorney will have the ability to efficiently represent your case in accordance with Florida law.
Specifics on Proven Liability At The Time of The Accident
While looking at the above three mentioned factors of “fault at the scene” they will have to be proven in your legal claim under the legal theory of “vicarious liability.” This simply means that the employers (trucking companies) are responsible for accidents that their employees (truckers) get into in hours of business.
What to Do At the Accident of A Trucking Accident in Florida
The immediate moments after a trucking accident are filled with trauma and desperation. Despite the level of pain and anxiety that you may feel, it is important to try your best to sit calm. Rest assured, the following steps will allow you to deal with the ramifications of your accident in a more effective way both from a legal and physical standpoint:
- Request medical attention at the scene or at a maximum of 14 days from the first day of the accident.
- Acquire exclusive information about the trucker driver. This would include name, date of birth, license plate number, company name, insurance carrier, and driver’s license.
- Take photographs of your physical injuries and damage to both your car and the driver’s truck.
- If you can, record eyewitness accounts that back up your claim in the future.
- Call the police so that the officer can create an accident report of the crash. It is always important to make sure that the details of these events are in writing.
- Once you do that, call a truck accident lawyer to begin your case.
Main Benefits of Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Florida
- These personal injury attorneys have valuable experience having won cases similar to yours. They are experts in interpreting Floridian trucking accident law and will fight to protect your rights at legal costs.
- They will also back up your claim under vicarious liability with the facts that you compiled at the accident scene alongside his own investigation of the facts. These factors will strengthen your claim tenfold.
- Your personal injury lawyer will also be your voice when dealing with trucking companies. They will undoubtedly try to undermine your claim and work towards giving you an unfair settlement. Your attorney will not let this happen and will make sure that you get what you’re entitled to.
- Represent you in court. If the company fails to acknowledge and amend their negligence, your attorney will take your case to court. Be advised that in court juries and judges tend to favor the victim and not the trucking companies.
Get Represented as Soon as Possible!
The purpose of this article was to inform you that you as a victim do not have to deal with the ramifications of your injuries on your own. The key to success, however, is to seek the expertise of a truck accident lawyer in Florida as soon as possible. Remember, the longer you wait to initiate your legal battle the more difficult it will be to attain the compensation you deserve. Don’t wait any longer and contact one now!